ArchLabs Linux is an Arch Linux based distro, heavily influenced and inspired by the look and feel of BunsenLabs.
The more we used BunsenLabs the more we wanted the simplicity that they brought to the table on our Arch install.
After much discussion, ArchLabs was born.
We tried to keep the look of BunsenLabs as much as possible in the first months but as we progressed along the way we developed our own style and look. No longer is ArchLabs a BunsenLabs clone, we are our own beast now.
As we are based on Arch Linux rather than Debian, there are bound to be subtle differences.
Arch Linux is a rolling distro, so is ArchLabs. You will get regular updates from ArchLabs.
Highlights of ArchLabs:
- Graphical installation or terminal (via ABIF) you choose how to install
- Based on Arch Linux.
- Only a few basic apps pre-installed.
- Minimal themes
- Openbox Desktop with Polybar included as default panel.
- i3 window manager included on the ISO.
- Skippy-XD for window management has been included.
- A welcome script called AL-Hello is included to extend your desktop
Mínimo is our latest release. An update will be released in the near future.
In the meantime, download a copy, install and see for yourself….